Friday, August 1, 2008

Laptops are a girl's best friend

A couple of years ago I received an item I believed at the time to be an item of luxury. Today, I have no idea how I would cope if it were to fall in the tub and die on me.

It means so much to me that it deserves a blog all it's own. here is some crappy prose dedicated to:
"My Laptop"

I've never given you a name. some one asked me once if I had a Dell or Gateway or...
I couldn't say. But that doesn't mean you don't mean any less to me.
I couldn't tell someone if my husband had shaved his goatee. it's me, not you.

you have given me so much. Before you were in my world I never knew the joy of filling out surveys on myspace behind locked doors of the john.

I can hide in my room and still play solitaire. You have given me the mobility and freedom that allows me to say 'technically - I do not have TV'. You have replaced that for me. I can watch crappy reality shows on the internet from the pillow of my bed with you in my lap.

I have found more friends that I had lost touch with because I am able to spend more time on the computer. I take you onto the balcony so I can "be there" for my kids while they play in the yard and I 'throw food' on facebook. I take you into the kitchen so I can eat with the family while I do some 'blog stalking'.

I have never been more popular in my life! between myspace and facebook and blogspot I have more friends than I ever did in High School. wow, even Amy Whinehouse has accepted me as her friend. would I have taken the time to find her if I was limited in the amount of time I could spend on my desktop computer?

Now with you, my laptop, I can do anything. I have no limitations in time or space. I feel invincible.

I even scrapbook in my car now.

can life get any sweeter?

Please live forever my sweet, precious, Gateway.

No comments: