Tuesday, September 9, 2008

What IS UP?????

Okay Karalee - you have bugged me about telling what's going on since I have not blogged in a while.
SO...
YES, I have been crazy busy. But it is all a good kind of crazy.
1 - we had a renter move in to our downstairs. So I have been cleaning, washing walls, moving furniture and fridges, organizing, shampooing carpets, putting in lighting, writing up contracts, buying kitchen appliances, etc... (I had no idea this would be this much work). I am excited though because this lady is willing to move in while it is not top notch and pay a little less while we we fix everything up. we still need to : Build a kitchenette, put in a door to separate her area from ours, put locks on all the inside doors in the house (yup - I am paranoid) and I am sure there is more. So that has kept me busy.
2 - I am starting an incredible season with my CM business. get this...
this Saturday I have a HUGE class at the Hurricane Library that even had an article in the paper advertising it for me (for FREE). That was cool. I love that I am going to be in the small town paper tomorrow with an article on moi!!!! So that may mean tons of new business. I have been gearing up for the class though and am calling it "Mess to Memories!" Should be way fun!
3 - Croptoberfest is coming up the following Saturday. I have been making borders and sample books with pre-decorated pages and putting together prizes and planning the agenda, and all the fun that goes along with that. it really is a huge undertaking. Today I have to make sure I have the seating arranged for 50 people at the hotel and that we have a special event liscense from the city.
4 - Then the retreat is going to be a couple of weeks after that. I have been making plans for that as well. Not much to tell about it other than I am just trying to find people like me that want to scrapbook all during General Conference weekend and in wyoming and are willing to help pay a little for it.
5 - I am STILL trying to finish last years taxes and paperwork for Bill!!!! It is so flippin annoying to do his paperwork. Not my thing anyway. but if I don't do it - who will?
6 - the next couple of things are not why I am busy NOW, but why I will soon be.
Scrapbook USA Expo (HUGE Expo for Scrapbookers!!) is coming to St. George November 6th ish. and I have a booth there!!!!! I am so freakin excited! this is the first of it's kind in southern Utah. it should be HUGE. and my business has the potential to totally explode! so I am trying to gear up for that and get my life and business ready for it.
7 - St. George Magazine is also doing an article on ME in their November edition on great gifts to buy for Christmas. they are focusing on Digital Scrapbooking as well for unique ideas. cool huh? THAT is SO HUGE FOR ME! So... I am feeling a little overwhelmed with the ideas that all of this is at the same season.

I feel like my life is on the right track. we have a renter and that is our plan for paying off debts. and Bill's and my businesses are both about to explode (hopefully) if things go as we have them directed right now. So yes, I am busy. VERY busy. but I wouldn't have it any other way.
Sorry if I seem distant and distracted right now. But it's how I get during busy busy times.

5 comments:

Bonita said...

Yeah that's so awesome! All that publicity will do nothing but help you. You've worked so hard for it too! Way to go!

Anonymous said...

Woo-hoo! You rock, girl! You will be the biggest St. George celebrity of all time if you keep going the way you're going! :)

Karalee said...

Wow! So that is why you haven't been posting! Ok, you are off the hook this time. I hope all your efforts will have a HUGE payoff. Congrats on all the progress. I just wish I had half your energy!

Kendra said...

I am so glad things are going so great for your businesses! You guys are great people and you deserve to have a few breaks! Congrats!

Tami Sue said...

I'm exhausted just reading all that you have going on right now, Michelle. But I also had this thought, "Michelle always had so much energy and enthusiasm...she's probably loving being this busy." Am i right???