Sunday, October 2, 2011

Happy birthday to me! - oh and Ferrell too...

Today I turn 38 years old. Tomorrow my youngest kid turns 4. I was just reflecting on things I love about birthdays. I once had a friend that cried and cried on her 30th birthday because she feared aging. I celebrate. I celebrate another year of Life granted to me. I celebrate life experiences. I celebrate being an older business woman that gets looked at differently than a 25 year old business woman. I remember being told by a client when I was 25 that I would not be able to understand her plight and that I could not possibly know what I was talking about since I was soooo young. So thanks goodness to be getting nearer and nearer to 80 when maybe just maybe I can get some respect. LOL! (yeah, right. - I think that ideas went away with the purple hair). 4 years ago I was over 200 pounds pregnant with my youngest baby and crying to just be able to go into labor for my birthday. I prayed and prayed to God that this child in me would come soon. I was overdue to deliver, broke, and tired. for my birthday that year all I wanted and all we could barely afford was an ultrasound to see if all was well with this baby inside me. all the technician said was 'wow. I'm not supposed to say much. but I can say this... it looks like a big kid. and if you want to know the gender, I can't tell. the baby is ready, head down and looks to be big," at midnight on my birthday I went into labor. Best birthday present ever! Ferrell was born the next morning. It was a monstrous 11 pound baby boy. I had a great midwife and delivered in my own bedroom on the floor. A huge thank you to Lori Wrankle for keeping me safe, and for moving me how I needed to move to get that big guy out without any cutting needed. I adore you! SO today - we are celebrating our combined birthdays. I love the peace and solitude of LDS General conference weekend on my birthday. what a treasure I have to hear the prophet of God and the apostles. I also love that the St. George Marathon is also on my birthday weekend and I get to be inspired by amazing people that don't let the world tell them they can't do something. I love how my life has changed these past 4 years. the greatest gift I have today - change. Change is an amazing amazing thing to embrace and cherish. I have found new friends over the past few years that have taught me never to say never. I have a new body that has taught me that I am stronger than I thought. I have a new attitude that has taught me that joy is better than perfection. I have a new perspective on my marriage that has taught me that my life with my companion is better and happier and more amazing than a life without him. I have a new business that has taught me anything is possible and people are amazing! Today I am 38. Ferrell is 4 tomorrow. I am happier, healthier and feel more capable than I have ever been in my entire life. now where's that cake? by the way - never name a kid after something wild and untamed.

No comments: